Recently updated on February 8th, 2024 at 04:06 am
The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is a government body that regulates the registration of motor vehicles and manages the licensing of drivers. The state agency was founded in 1915 and is part of California State Transportation Agency. Today, we will discuss about California DMV hours of operation that includes California DMV opening hours, closing, holiday hours, Easter labor day opening and closing business hours.
Most California DMV stores/locations are OPEN on these holidays
– New Year’s Day
– Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday
– Good Friday
– Memorial Day
– Independence Day
– Labor Day September
– Veterans Day
California DMV Regular Business Hours
- Weekdays: The customer service department is open Monday – Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., weekdays.
- Weekends: The customer service department is open Sat – Sun: OFF closed in the event a holiday falls on a weekday or weekend, California DMV is open for business.
- Faults & Customer support: California DMV ‘s faults and customer support teams are open for all year round during working days & also public holidays.
What time does California DMV open and close?
Monday to Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
|Store hours today
California DMV Special Event Hours
The California DMV website offers details relating to hours of operation. Customer service is closed on most public holidays. When you connect with the customer service department, you will notice the company observes Federal holidays.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Cesar Chavez Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day (Observed)*
California DMV Special Event Hours
California DMV company holds special events from time to time. You’ll have to contact the customer service department to explore the hours of special events.
Contacting California DMV to Verify Business Hours
- Phone Number: You can reach California DMV customer support by calling 1 (800) 777-0133 number directly.
- Email Contact: When you send an email to the Business customer service department, you will need to use this email email@example.com. After you send your email, you will receive a response within 24 hours.
- Mail: You can send your correspondence to the corporate headquarters here: 2415 1st Ave., Mail Station C271, Sacramento, CA 95818-2606, United States.
- Social Media: Customers can connect with the customer service department through social media using their official California DMV or Twitter page and click on the “message” button. you will receive a response from the customer service department within 24 hours
Is DMV a state in USA?
Departments of Motor Vehicles are state agencies. The Department of Transportation is Federal. State. Your license is only for your State.
What does DMV do in USA?
What Is A DMV? The Department of Motor Vehicles, is an agency tasked with administering motor vehicle registration and driver licensing. These include vehicle registration, safety and emission inspections, issuing driver’s licenses and ID cards, driving records, title transfers, etc.
How do I contact the DMV in California?
How much is a real ID in California?
Next, you need two documents proving you’re a resident of California, like a pay stub, mortgage bill, or insurance documents, among others. You can also fill out the appropriate forms on the DMV website ahead of your appointment. Then it’s a $35 fee for Real ID driver’s licenses, or just $30 for a normal Real ID.
Hopefully, we helped you to get some genuine hours details for California DMV.
Got some questions? Or some suggestions? That’s why we’ve got a review section on this site! You can feel free to leave a review or two down below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
Also Read: Dollar Tree Hours
California DMV Reviews
Submit your review